15 November 2010

Yo Gabba Gabba Live!

We took our daughter to the show in Portland, OR last night. These guys are my daughters favorite. We had bought the tickets back in June when they went on sale and I made the mistake of telling her right then. I should have waited until it was like a week away because she kept asking about it everyday, and when we were going to go see them. A three year old doesn't quite understand what "It's still a long ways away" means. She did end up forgetting about it for a little while and I reminded her when there was just a couple weeks left and her excitement started back up. Let's just say the night before the show she didn't sleep to well. I don't think any of us did. I think I was just as excited. I love the show, and the live show was even better. She had a blast. I loved watching her sing and dance along to the songs. We had awesome seats. I can't complain. I do wish I could have brought my DSLR camera into the event but they don't allow them. The crappy point and shoot will have to do. The pictures didn't turn out too bad after-all. When it was time to go, I took her to the merchandise stand and got her a shirt, and some gabba silly bands. As we walked closer to the doors to exit, she started crying not to leave and that she wanted her friends to come back. It broke my heart a little. I told her that her friends had to go back to gabba land and will come back another day. I hope so!



9 comments:

Amanda- The Nutritionist Reviews said...

sounds like a fun time!

I just found your blog through a Monday blog hop! Have a great evening.

Amanda @ www.nutritionistreviews.com

Gina Alfani said...

Following you from Tuesday Train :-)

Check out my blogs when you get a chance!

Have an awesome day . . . Gina

http://labelladiva.blogspot.com

Firefly said...

I'm tuesday Following you, please follow me back at http://throwingpaintblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/musical-monday-xi.html
Happy Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

We went and saw the show last month my daughter cried when we left to!

Im a new follower and hope to see you follow back!

Amethystmoon said...

glad you had fun!
Thanks for linking up at Tuesdays gone on Life Music Laughter

malia said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower from Welcome Wed... would love for you to check out my blog too. I co-host a cooking/crafts/creativity linky on Thursdays... would love to see you there!
Malia
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

Jen said...

Hi! I'm hopping by from Blog Hop, Skip & Jump Wednesday!
Newest follower! Great page you have here! Looking forward to reading more.
I hope you'll stop by my neck of the woods, and follow back!

Frugal Invitation
http://www.frugalinvitation.com
http://twitter.com/frugalinvite

Ruth said...

It has to be said: that show really freaks me out! But I'm glad you had fun. :-)

Just popping in from the Wednesday hop (better late than never) and I'm now following your very cool blog. Please stop by when you get a chance!

living well, spending less

Krissy said...

My girls love Yo Gabba Gabba and they had the choice between going to that or going to a Broadway show and seeing Imagination Movers in April. :) They chose the latter!! Glad to hear it was a great show!

Following you from FMBT! I love style of your blog & can't wait to read more!! :) I hope you can follow us back! We have some great giveaways going on and will have even more giveaways every week until Christmas! Hope you can visit us!

Mommy Miscellaneous