07 March 2012

Back to the dentist I go..

Last time I wrote about having to have my tooth extracted because it was abscessed. Well, when my gum tissue healed and I had a chance to look into my mouth without messing anything up, I noticed I had a brown spot on the outside but inside of the tooth next to the one that had got extracted 2 weeks earlier. At this point, I'm freaking out because I can't lose another tooth! It seems like all my cavities turn into needing a root canal, which I can't afford and I have to settle with getting a tooth removed. This has happened 3 times now. So I made an appointment to get it looked at. Turns out I have 5 cavities. 1 in the tooth with the brown spot, and the other 4 are under current fillings so I couldn't see them. The dentist said they are very tiny cavities hence why they weren't bothering me at all, and that I would be elgible for a program to have them fix them all for free since I had no insurance. The program is basically letting dental students from different colleges give me and other qualified customers an IV sedation so they can get their certificate. The students will not be working on me, but the qualified dentist themselves which I'm fine with. I don't care if I'm sedated or not.. I don't have a fear of the dentist or anything like that but I do get a bit of anxiety, so this shall work out better. Now I just have to wait until May 17th.

Patiently waiting.. ...

No comments: